|News and Information for FltPlan Users • October 29, 2015|
Get Professional International Handling with FltPlan
As part of our suite of services, FltPlan offers professional International Handling to Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Unlike other handling services, with FltPlan what you’re quoted is what you pay. You won’t receive additional bills over and above what you’re quoted weeks or months later. Our professional, full-time staff is available to check all your documents for completeness, accuracy, and currency; check your insurance requirements; pay your overflight fees; meet your aircraft with trip information; and much more.
Our bilingual handling staff offers local expertise, working relationships with local governments, and personal experience flying in the region.
With our full handling service we provide:
- APIS Services: Filing of U.S., Mexico and CARICOM APIS
- Airspace Fees: Most countries charge for the use of their airspace. Avoid being denied entry into airspace or being detained on the ground due to unpaid fees
- Overflight and Landing Permits: Avoid delays, fines or denial of entry into foreign airspace or airports. We obtain the required permits for you
- Aeronautical Planning: Identify preferred routes, recommended airports of landing and process overflight and landing permits
- Ground Handling: Breeze through arrival formalities and have us take care of paying all local fees and arranging lodging and transportation for the crew
- U.S. CBP Overflight Exemptions: Fly directly to your destination in the U.S. without having to stop at the border first
- Charter Operating Permits: Be in compliance with local laws and regulations when operating a charter flight to other countries
It’s easy to go online and get a quote for your next trip. First create your flight plan, then look for the Handling message link below your international flight plan on the Active Flight Plan List. Click on the link, complete the information, and within 48 hours we will get back to you with a quote for providing complete, personalized handling for your trip.
FltPlan.com's PDC Delivery Service
Did you know that FltPlan offers PDCs for Jet & Turbo Props that are NOT equipped with a datalink box on board their aircraft?
Pre-Departure Clearances (PDCs) are text clearances issued for an IFR flight plan. They are available at 70 airports throughout the U.S.
The PDC will include:
- Your Filed Route
- Any amendments to your route
- Your Cleared Altitude
- Your Transponder Code
- Your Departure Frequency
- Any Special Instructions
Your PDC is equivalent to receiving a verbal clearance from Clearance Delivery. Unlike our Planned ATC Routes, the PDC is your ATC Clearance.
ATC generates the PDC approximately 25 to 30 minutes prior to the filed departure time. The PDC will then be forwarded to FltPlan.com. Once received, a PDC Available message will automatically be displayed on your Active Flight Plan List. The PDC can also be distributed to the Pilot and Co-Pilot via email addresses or text messages, as set up in your User/Pilot Info section. In order to receive your PDC clearance by email or text message, you MUST file the flight plan through FltPlan.com.
Please don't confuse a Planned ATC Route (already available through text message and on the web) with a PDC. The Planned ATC Route is what ATC is planning for your flight, but it is not your actual clearance.
Here are a few important reminders about the PDC program:
- Once activated, PDC use will be required at all airports where they are available. (Please reference the list online.)
- It is the responsibility of the person who enrolled in the PDC program to notify ALL pilots that are filing flight plans for this particular N# that it has been enrolled in the PDC program and is required to be used.
- The flight plan for this aircraft MUST be filed with FltPlan.com in order to receive the PDC.
To help you out, we have also added an alert to NavLogs for flight plans departing a PDC airport with PDC enrolled aircraft.
For more information or to sign up for PDC notification through FltPlan.com, please click here.
Enhanced Breadcrumb Playback Feature on FltPlan Go
Our FltPlan Go app for iPad now offers an enhanced playback feature to our popular Breadcrumbs. Breadcrumb Playback not only allows you to track your exact flight path on the map, but you can also view and replay your breadcrumbs at different rates of speed. You can also save your breadcrumbs and share them between multiple accounts, and upload them to FltPlan.com or with Google Earth.
For more on how to use this feature, please see our video tutorial on the subject.
New Name Column on Email Lists
If you are a Premium Flight Tracker, or if you regularly email your NavLogs, Pax Briefings, Calendar, or Weather Briefings, you may have noticed a new column in the email list pages. This column allows you to add a name or notes, and is especially handy for labeling a text number or an email address that doesn’t include an obvious identifier.
For Premium Flight Trackers, you can find the E-Mail Notification page by going to Main Menu > Flight Tracking > Flight Tracking > E-Mail Notification.
For NavLogs, Pax Briefings, Calendar, and Weather Briefings click on the Email this page button at the bottom of the page.
85.6% of all flight plans for Beechjet 400s and Premier 1 business jets
using an N# were filed by FltPlan in September 2015.
FltPlan’s New Video Support
In the last FltBrief, we announced FltPlan’s new Video Support page. Our team has added new video tutorials to our existing menu to help you use our website and apps to your best advantage. The latest video tutorials are Breadcrumbs Playback, iPhone 6s Touch Shortcuts, and FltPlan Go Animated Weather. This is in addition to the already existing videos on Main Menu Favorites, Map Builder, and Map Builder Default Settings. More will be added as they become available. You can access Video Support by clicking the camera icon on the bottom right side of the log-in page (www.FltPlan.com) or, once logged-in, by going to Main Menu > Help > Video Support.
Follow FltPlan on Twitter
If you haven’t been following FltPlan on Twitter, now is the time to start. With access to FltPlan’s tweets, you can be among the first to get news about our changes and enhancements. FltPlan’s Twitter feed is a great resource for helpful tips, useful information, and updates regarding new features on our website or apps. Click here to follow FltPlan on Twitter.
|Lead Editor, Claire Warner, Claire@FltPlan.com • Click Here To Unsubscribe from FltBrief • Advertising Contact, Advertising@FltPlan.com|
|Flight Plan LLC, P.O. Box 159, Southbury, CT 06488 © 2015 Flight Plan LLC. All rights reserved.